Monday, September 19, 2011

Crockpot Turkey Lasagna

I'm so sorry. I haven't been very good about posting new recipes and I know that is something that all my readers want to see more of. We have been SOOOO busy this month that I have been cooking healthy meals that I already knew how to make. Yesterday, however, I finally had enough time to spend some time in the kitchen with a new recipe!

Introducing: Crockpot Turkey Lasagna

Heres what you need:


    1 lb ground turkey
    1 tsp oregano, ground
    1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
    1/2 tsp salt
    10 oz frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
    15 oz fat-free ricotta cheese or cottage cheese
    8 oz fat-free mozzarella cheese
    12 uncooked lasagna noodles
    26 oz jar chunky garden vegetable spaghetti sauce
    1/2 cup water
    shredded parmesan cheese (optional)

Here's what you need to do:


Step 1- Brown turkey in skillet. Add oregano, red peper flakes and salt. (We skipped the red pepper flakes and seasoned it with cajun seasoning instead). Set aside

Step 2: Mix ricotta and mozzarella. (I didn't have just mozzarella so I used the 2% mixed cheddar and mozzarella). Add spinach to mixture and mix together.

Step 3: In crockpot, layer noodles using 4 noodles (double layer them-You will end up with only 2 layers of noodles), 1/2 turkey, 1/2 spaghetti sauce, 1/4 cup water, 1/2 of cheese mix. Repeat.


Step 4: Cook 4 1/2 hours on low. (My light is on high here, but don't worry! I caught it and switched it to low!) Sprinkle parmesean on top :) MMMMMMM!

Nutritional info:
Servings: 10 servings per meal
Calories per serving: about 300 calories
total fat- 10 grams
carbs: 36 grams (depending on what noodles you use)
protien: 25 grams


It was SUPER delicious !! And we had ALOT leftover!



No comments:

Post a Comment